I have just under 20 books to read in order to meet my 2017 reading goal of 50 books. It is almost September so I decided that hey maybe I should start considering a few books that I want to tackle.
Making a TBR list when I have over a 100 unread books on the bookshelf (overload) is a difficult task. Therefore I went through my books and picked out a few that I was excited to read. I didn’t want to make a static TBR for the next 4 months just in case I get an urge to read another book or I get my hands on another one I am excited for so I decided to choose 10 must-reads for my 2017 reading goal:
The Giver – Lois Lowry
Fahrenheit 451 – Ray Bradbury
The Shining – Stephen King
Life of Pi – Yann Martel
Tuesdays with Morrie – Mitch Albom
The Time Traveller’s Wife – Audrey Niffenegger
The Da Vinci Code – Dan Brown
A Little Life – Hanya Yanagihara
The Hate U Give – Angie Thomas
Vengeance Road – Erin Bowman
Do you have any must-reads before the year is over? Let me know!
SO, unbelievably we are halfway through 2017 already!
I gave up reading during highschool and through most on university because I “didn’t have time for it”. That was an excuse, you make time for the things you love in life. As of 2017, my new years resolution was to read about 12 books (one for each month, you know keeping it reasonable). March I was already on my 13th read, so I definitely had to aim higher.
My 2017 goal was changed to 50 books in one year.
As of July 6th, I have read 32 BOOKS. Evidently my goal is not only achievable, but I may also surpass it!
Not only have I committed to making reading and literature a huge part of my life, I have even opened up to blogging and bookstagramming in order to interact with other book lovers like myself.
I use Goodreads and a self-made bullet journal spread to track my books, here is my read list:
- Speak – Laurie Halse Anderson
- Challenger Deep – Neal Shusterman
- Why is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? Mindy Kaling
- The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho
- 1984 – George Orwell
- Sylvanus Now – Donna Morrissey
- We Should All Be Feminists – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Wenjack – Joseph Boyden
- The Pilot’s Wife – Anita Shreve
- Doppler – Erlend Loe
- Birdman – Mo Hayder
- The 100 Year Old Man – Jonas Jonasson
- A Thousand Splendid Suns
- A Walk Across the Sun – Corbin Addison
- The Strange Case of Dr.Jeckyll and Mr.Hyde – Robert Louis Stevenson
- It Gets Worse – Shane Dawson
- Bridge to Terabithia – Katherine Paterson
- The Martian – Andy Weir
- The Book Thief – Markus Zusak
- The Handmaid’s Tale – Margret Atwood
- Milk and Honey – Rupi Kaur
- Nocturnal Animals – Austin Wright
- Project Sunlight – June Strong
- The Girl on the Train – Paula Hawkins
- There Are Things I Want You to Know – Eva Gabrielsson
- Triangles – Ellen Hopkins
- Tilt – Ellen Hopkins
- The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Shot in the Heart – Mikal Gilmore
- The Bell Jar – Sylvia Plath
- A Monster Calls – Patrick Ness
- Carrie – Stephen King